Information from Revd Susan Oldham

Please click read Revd Susan Oldham's epistles during the Coronavirus outbreak

If you have to remain at home, Revd Susan Oldham has prepared some worship at home for you. See 'Services' above.

Domestic Violence

Living with abuse at home

During Covid-19 some people may be feeling unsafe because they are having to spend more time at home with a partner or family member who is harming them in some way. Domestic abuse comes in many forms and during Covid-19 some people will be feeling very isolated.

Although Covid-19 has affected the way in which some services are running right now, help is still available.

In an emergency

In an emergency always contact the police by phoning 999. If it’s too dangerous to speak on the phone in an emergency you can make a silent call. Silent 999 calls are not automatically transferred to the police. If you have made an emergency call but can’t speak (because you believe you will be in danger if you are heard), dial 55 when asked to do so by the emergency operator.

Report domestic abuse to the police if it’s not an emergency

If you want to report domestic abuse that’s happening to you or someone you know to the police you can phone 101

Otherwise, contact the services below:

Devon Domestic Abuse Service - 0345 155 1074

Splitz – Devon:

Victim Care – Devon and Cornwall -


“If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:

Dolton - Valarie Slade - 01805 804844 - - Wood Farm, Dolton Winkleigh, EX19 8PR

Iddesleigh and Monkokehampton - Mrs Jackie Sweet - 0183783602 - - Little Barwick, Iddesleigh, Winkleigh, EX19 8BW

Dowland - Mrs Sue Dunn - 01805804593 - - The Beeches, Dowland, Winkleigh EX19 8PA

If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11.”